Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Work" for those who are caught up:

Click here and read this article about the new assessment of the Digital Divide.

An excerpt:


As access to devices has spread, children in poorer families are spending considerably more time than children from more well-off families using their television and gadgets to watch shows and videos, play games and connect on social networking sites, studies show.
This growing time-wasting gap, policy makers and researchers say, is more a reflection of the ability of parents to monitor and limit how children use technology than of access to it.
1. Write a blog comment below, in response.
Include the following: 
a. Describe the point of the article. What is the reporter observing?
b. What evidence does he use to support his observation?
c. What are the best ideas for dealing with the problem he outlines? 
d. What ideas do you have for dealing with this situation? 
e. How do your parents manage your Internet time?
f. Any general comment you have about the topic or the article.


3 comments:

  1. I do not agree with the part that says that it does not help but what if I am watching tv and a warning comes up and says that a tornado is come and it saves my life then that is good. but I agree with the other parts.



    tristan carrier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry I'm doing this at like 10:30) I would agree about the part with the blocking and montering sites. I do spend to much time on them, so it would be nice if there was an actual limit to how long I could use certain sites, not me trying to get off them. About television, one thing that is actually really sad, people have more brain activity sleeping than watching T.V. I think that people really do need to work on priorities, like homework. Over wasting time on the computer or T.V. it is very tempting though, I know I use to much time on technology. When I realize I am, I go outside and do something I really enjoy, not something I think I'm enjoying but actually using as a time filler.

    -Maddie

    ReplyDelete